Obento - S9W8
It is now with familiar ease that you enter and proceed to take your regular seat. The counter and its constellation of scratches, the wobbly stools, the dim halo floating over the counter as well as parts of the room, the disconcerting enter twining of spicy scents, the one-man din resonating behind the counter. Everything combines into this impossibility of a place you nonetheless feel comfortable at, even for a short stay once a week.
The owner pops out from behind the counter and a wide smile spreads onto his face at your sight.
"Ah, Welcome ! I wondered if you'd show up. We apologize for the slight delay this week. We were worried we lost an old habitué such as you." His hands stay busy while he talks and you find yourself facing a glass of cold beer and the slate/menu, the latter waiting to be deciphered.
"I came by yesterday but you were unexpectedly closed." He flinches a bit, and his eyes stray for a second before looking at you again.
"Errm. Err... Yes. A little setback, nothing major." You could swear he's blushing. "Everything should be back in order." He arches an eyebrow in the direction of the room, to a trio of shadows all seated at different tables. "We hope to attract more customers, so this week's selection was done with the help of some fellow specialists. Hope you like it."
You quickly look at the other customers, the slouched shadow seems to be back, another one's profile indicates a baffled individual engaged in the arduous task of reading the menu while picking his nose.
Following your gaze, the owner has a small laugh. "I should probably head on over there to see if every thing is fine. Take your time to choose, and let me know what I can help you with anything."
Division 1: The platinum class of Big O selections, for authorities and amateurs alike.
Bay Area Butchers (1770 TV Humans) vs Doomed Witches (2350 TV Dark Elves) - Recipe
When the wackiest Human eats are paired with the most developed Dark Elves menu of the Big O, connoisseurs are salivating in advance.
Outline : A volatile fragile mix, not to be dropped on the floor under any circumstance.
4-1 for Doomed Witches
Drakkar's Dominators (1960 TV Norses) vs TeenageMutantNinjaGoblins (1520 TV Underworld) - Recipe
A serving of warm, hearty stew that we all come to love, sprinkled with a good pinch of warp stone, for the extra kick.
Outline : Do not let yourself be fooled by the appearances, treat your palate with the twang of this dish.
1-0 for Drakkar's Dominators
Division 2: Staple, beloved options mingled with more audacious, challenging recipes.
Monty's Tosspots (1300 TV Halflings) vs Muten Roshi's Bear School (1820 TV Kislev) - Recipe
Halfling cooking, while often overlooked is never to be disregarded. Even less when paired with the pep of Kislev relish.
Outline : Two ethnic culinary traditions at once, offering the closest thing to flying Blood Bowl has in store.
0-1 for Muten Roshi's Bear School
The 08th MS Team (1630 TV Vampires) vs The Arcana (1570 TV Pro Elves) - Recipe
The marriage of Vampire and Elvish cuisines, both requiring the subtle touch of a master alchemist to offer their fullest potential.
Outline : An occurrence too rare to pass, especially when served with such virtuosity.
Division 3: A range of concoctions lovingly developped into future masterpieces.
Sassy Soviets (1660 TV Kislev) vs School of Dance (1770 TV Wood Elves) - Recipe
Putting Kislev and Wood Elf dishes in the same recipient can sound like a pairing of flavours different in their similarities. A nonetheless valuable affair.
Outline : A highly expected combination, with unexpected twists due to the heat.
2-1 for Sassy Soviets
Liverfull (1520 TV Dwarves) vs Da Git Mob (1740 TV Orcs) - Recipe
Few of the pointy-ear-culture oriented aficionados might brush off some of the more straight forward cooking as crude. A mistake we shan't make.
Outline : Dwarvish and Orcish cuisine might look plain to some, but they hold their share of surprise.
2-1 for Liverfull
Divisions 4A&B: The tray of side dishes, not as central but still necessary for full meal.
Gullenheim Doozebags (1370 TV High Elves) vs Saturday Nyght Femur (1300 TV Undeads) - Recipe
High Elves refined bouchées and Undead renowned cold cuts. A classic opposition of style: never out of fashion, always revisited.
Outline : Two styles aiming to offer their best can only make for an enjoyable meal.
Fate: Grand Order (1290 TV Bretonnians) vs Stronk Icebreakers (1220 TV Norses) - Recipe
If you think Bretonnian and Norse culinary traditions are simple off sprouts of the Human one, this one should straighten things up.
Outline : Two regularly pigeonholed styles mixed to bring you a flavour rich dessert.
2-1 for Fate : Grand Order
This weekly piece, with its qualities and short comings, wouldn't exist without many other contributions. Hence the following words of gratitude: to the admins, technicians, recappers, writers and coaches for taking on their time to make ReBBL a splendid place to enjoy our Blood Bowl hobby.
More specific and personal thanks, in alphabetical order:
- Cynergy: Member of [O₂] clan. Coach of "The Nurgtown Crooners". Big O streamer. Recapper of division 3. CCL experimenter. Terror of Harvest Snaps. Sometimes confused with a Canuck.
- Fyrs: Coach of "Saturday Night Femur". Offers commentary-free brodcasts of some ReBBL games when available. Recent arrival but active coach in the Big O community and around.
- Gypsy Prince: Coach of "One Punch Ogre". REL streamer. Our editor-in-chief here at the news section, always working on offering us better tools and looking for new recruits. Many thanks for enduring me.
- Krusader: Leader of [bOot] clan. Coach of "Muten Roshi Bear's School". Big O streamer. Recapper of divisions 1&2. Kislev political commissar to the ReBBL, and much, much more.
- Majorbyte: Coach of "Âlve". The tireless worker behind ReBBL.net, without which present article would simply not exist. Hat off.
- PapaNasty: Member of [O] clan, coach of "Bash Incorporated". Big O streamer. Offers late games streams and always up for good advice as many experienced ReBBL coaches can be.
- Schlice: Member of [O₂] clan. Coach of the "Ratfuckers United". The person you have to thank every time you check the play-offs brackets and the weekly match summaries. Many deserved thanks.
- Seriasssam: Member of clan [HrsY]. Coach of "Leaping Lizardss". Big O Streamer. Recapper of division 4A. A recent and active addition to the community as well.
- Tommo: Member of [O₂] clan. Coach of "The Arcana". Big O Streamer. Talented Elf coach and passionate streamer. Not often online, so do not miss him.